Are you considering a whole-house generator? With more and more people working at home, the need for consistent electricity becomes a requirement, not just a desire. Throughout the year, there are many reasons that you may experience an electrical power outage. A bad winter storm could leave your home in the dark for days. Tornadoes in the spring also have detrimental effects on neighborhoods and communities.
While a whole-house generator may have seemed like a luxury in the past, this year could be the best time to invest in a tool that will give you peace of mind, comfort, and power whenever you need it.
Do I Need A Whole-House Generator?
When you live in Alabama, you need to prepare for the possibility of power outages and how they could affect your home, family, and business. The best way to avoid being stuck without power is with a high-quality whole-house generator. Our team at Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air has installed many whole-house generators over the years, and we know how to help our clients navigate the process of deciding to purchase and install these devices.
Benefits of a Whole-House Generator
It’s common for people to invest in a standby home generator, a machine that keeps some electricity flowing to a home in places like refrigerators or heater. While these generators are lower in cost, they do not provide the same comfort level that a whole-house generator will.
A whole-house generator is an investment into the safety and comfort of your home, regardless of external activities. These generators provide complete home backup power, with the ability to essentially power your home as usual. This advantage is a huge benefit, allowing families to operate as naturally as possible.
Whole-house generators have several other advantages, including:
- Turns on in a matter of seconds after power is lost
- Produces high-quality power that won’t harm your electronics
- Reduced noise when running
- More fuel-efficient
- A more extended operation period without any maintenance required
Ultimately, a whole-house generator allows for you and your family to avoid having to pick and choose what parts of your home need electricity the most. With these generators, you can power your home and live comfortably, even in the event of a storm or an unfortunate circumstance.
How to Select the Perfect Generator for Your Home
While these whole-house generators are an excellent choice for many homes, there are some things you need to consider before deciding whether or not to install one in your home.
- Select a fuel source. You must be able to find an abundant fuel source that can power your generator. To identify the fuel type, you must understand what works best with your area, home, and whole-house generator.
- Decide on the generator size. The sizing of your generator is of the utmost importance when it comes to a proper installation. Choosing the right size requires expert knowledge of electricity, including for your home’s electrical appliances.
- Pick an automatic transfer switch. To properly restore power, your generator will need to know when to switch on. Looking at your electrical panel, our team at Dixie will be able to find an appropriate wattage that will work for your home.
Have no fear! If you don’t know the first thing about powering your electrical system, or even if your knowledge is limited, it’s always best to call a service professional to help you properly analyze and decide what’s best for your home’s electrical system.
The Service Professionals at Dixie Are Here To Help
At Dixie, we understand that the comfort and safety of your home are essential to you and your family. As members of your community here in Alabama, our goal is for our neighbors to know that they always have someone they can call when they need help with electrical, plumbing, or HVAC services.
Call Dixie, and it’s done!
To schedule a service with Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air, call 334.232.0236 for Montgomery, or call 334.835.5161 for Auburn. You can also schedule an appointment online.