We understand that many homeowners would rather save time and money by addressing the issues…
Have you ever thought about HVAC preventative maintenance as something that should be part of your seasonal housekeeping chores?
Like raking leaves, cleaning gutters, or getting an oil change, preventative maintenance on your air conditioning or heating units is necessary to keep your HVAC costs low in the long run.
Chances are you might be unclear about what that includes or whether or not it’s smart to have an HVAC preventative maintenance contract in place for your home.
That’s why we’ve created this convenient HVAC checklist – to help you sort through the clutter and get to the core of what year-round maintenance entails. And, in doing these things, you could even end up saving money on your monthly energy bills!
Your heating and cooling systems represent a major investment. Don’t leave anything off the table this winter season!
Fall/winter HVAC preventative maintenance checklist
During fall and winter, we recommend homeowners tackle the following projects:
To prevent breakdowns in the colder months, homeowners should:
- replace filters on heating equipment
- examine vents to ensure they’re clear and free of debris
- check seals around doors and windows to make sure cold air isn’t creeping in
- check thermostats and controls
- make sure to add carbon monoxide and smoke detectors and check that they’re in working order
HVAC service companies also have specific tasks they tackle in colder months to ensure furnaces and heating systems work correctly:
- clean and inspect the heat exchanger
- make sure the flame sensor is working correctly
- check for gas leaks at furnace
- assure correct voltage & amperage for blower & draft motor
- test the air for carbon monoxide (CO)
- calibrate/program thermostat
- check and lubricate all bearings as needed
- tighten all electrical connections
- make ignition system works correctly
- check ductwork for damage & leaks
And much more.
Use this as a guide to work on your seasonal HVAC maintenance.
Now that you understand what all is involved in seasonal HVAC maintenance, you see what an important undertaking it is twice a year. You can also begin talking with experienced HVAC professionals to ensure your home is regularly cared for – without breaking the bank.
Having these tasks performed twice a year ensures you keep your heating and cooling bills as low as possible.
For example, our Dixie Cares Plan means we will perform one air conditioning system tune-up and one heating system tune-up each year.
In addition to improved efficiency and longer equipment life, the tune-up also satisfies manufacturer maintenance requirements to keep warranties in place.
Let our professionals at Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air help you keep your sanity and stay on top of seasonal HVAC maintenance and repair so that you can be comfortable in your home all year long!
Call Dixie, And It’s Done!
At Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air, your satisfaction is guaranteed. For electrical, plumbing, or heating and air services, our highly trained technicians will do it right the first time, on time, every time. For coupons and discounts on all the services Call Dixie has to offer, click here. To schedule a service with Call Dixie, call 334.328.3570 for Montgomery, or call 334.246.4914 for Auburn. You can also schedule an appointment online.
For emergency service and immediate assistance, please call our 24/7 service line at 334.328.3570.