Commercial Electric Preventative Maintenance
Electrical preventative maintenance (EPM) is one of the most important things Dixie can do for a commercial client. Think of the value to you and your business if our maintenance program prevents just one major electrical breakdown.
Take a moment to let some of these numbers compiled by the Hartford Insurance Company sink in:
- 3 times greater: The failure rate on components NOT part of a preventive program
- ⅔ of electrical failures: That’s how many can be prevented by routine preventive maintenance
- Millions of dollars: Estimated costs each year from damage and lost business caused by electrical failures
Most think they can pick up the phone and call any random electrician to get professional electrical preventive maintenance. Unfortunately, it’s not something every electrician can do. electrical preventive maintenance is a specialty. Our Dixie electricians have a thorough understanding of electrical safety and procedures and are trained to prevent costly breakdowns.
A quality preventative inspection should include:
- Thermal Imaging: Dixie has the most up-to-date devices to locate heat sources and hot spots in walls and ceilings
- Cleaning: This step is easy to ignore but is critical. Dust and dirt is removed from circuit breakers, vents, and switches.
- Visual Inspection: Dixie’s experienced electricians are trained to spot the anything that looks incorrect and could lead to a future problem.
- Nuts & Bolts: Weak and loose connections cause overheating and can damage your valuable equipment. Dixie’s team will make sure each bolted connection meets code standards.
When you call Dixie, we can schedule your electrical preventive maintenance and you can plan for it. You can prepare for any down time in advance. Compare that to a major electrical breakdown. Now, you’re waiting for emergency service and your business is turned upside down. Don’t take that chance. Call Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air right now to schedule your electrical preventative maintenance.
If there is ever a situation where we can’t provide the service you need, depend Dixie to refer you to someone else who can help. We want to make sure you get what you need. Our goal is to make you happy so you will call us again next time.
Meet the Team
Buck JehleProject Management and Estimating
Buck was born in Montgomery, Alabama and attended Saint James High School. After graduation, he attended Auburn University and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Business and Economics in 2006. He currently holds a Master Electricians license in Alabama and Georgia as well as OSHA standards training and Snell Infrared training certificates.
Buck has been in construction his entire life. His father and uncle owned a construction company, which gave him an early start in the construction industry. He has 10 years in general construction experience and 6 years of electrical experience.
He handles a variety of different clients with different wants and needs. Among these are medical, industrial, commercial, government, lighting and commercial service work. Buck also serves as safety manager and is responsible for hiring new construction employees on the Dixie team. In his off time, he enjoys spending time with his friends and family, going to church, hunting, and fishing.
Michael has been a trustworthy electrician for 15 years and started with Dixie in 2007. He likes all things electric and loves knowing that he can help people harness that power to create light. In his free time, Michael likes to go to church and spend time with his family.