Well, I am really enjoying writing this weekly blog, and I am hopefully posting information that is relevant and interesting to read. I want to post something a bit off topic this week because I saw this recipe that caught my eye recently and I want to share it with you. It is quick, easy to make and delicious. Hope you enjoy!!
Double Tomato Bruschetta
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
- In a large bowl, combine the Roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4 inch slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Top the slices with mozzarella cheese, broil for 5 minutes or until cheese it melted
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices.
- Place on a serving plate, put your feet up and enjoy!!!