Furnace and air conditioning maintenance is not rocket science. Much of it is common sense. Keep your units clean and change your filters regularly. But, and this is a big BUT, there are many things the homeowner can’t do. Complete HVAC maintenance requires the knowledge and testing equipment you can only get with a trained technician like those who work for Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air.
Why it’s important
Air conditioning and heating maintenance protects vital internal components against the dirt and grime that cause wear and tear. It means your HVAC systems will operate at peak efficiency, keeping your home comfortable and save you money on those monthly utility bills.
What your technician does
Maintenance by a Dixie technician is not just a visual inspection. It is a comprehensive tune-up designed to increase performance and spot potential problems before a breakdown happens.
- Clean and inspect the heat exchanger
- Make sure the flame sensor is working correctly
- Check for gas leaks at furnace
- Assure correct voltage & amperage for blower & draft motor
- Test the air for carbon monoxide (CO)
- Calibrate/program thermostat
- Check and lubricate all bearings as needed
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Make ignition system works correctly
- Check ductwork for damage & leaks
Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps:
- Check refrigerant level & pressure
- Clean outdoor condenser coil with a chemical cleaner
- Inspect indoor evaporator coils & clean as needed
- Clean condensate drains & check for leaks and blockage
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Monitor A/C cycle to verify temperature differential
- Inspect existing ductwork for leaks & loose connections
- Calibrate the thermostat when necessary
Reaping the benefits
What’s in it for you? All of those maintenance tasks are designed to benefit you, the homeowner. The benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Increased comfort—If your furnace or A/C isn’t performing to manufacturer’s specifications, parts of the house can feel hot and muggy in the summer and cold in the winter. Regular maintenance provides consistent comfort.
- Save $ on repairs—When a problem is found during a pre-season tune-up, it’s much easier and cheaper to do the repair instead of during the peak of the heating or cooling season. Not to mention far less disruptive.
- Extended equipment life—Without proper care your HVAC systems have to work harder to keep your home comfortable. Dirty motors and coils increase wear and tear meaning you will be replacing your units more often.
- Lower utility costs—Lack of maintenance robs furnaces and air conditioners of efficiency. Slowing or stopping that process can save you money every month.
- Maintain warranties—Many people don’t realize manufacturers can void their warranties if the equipment doesn’t receive regular maintenance by a qualified technician.
The best way to get worry-free maintenance is with the Dixie Cares Plan
maintenance membership. Contact us to learn more about becoming a member.