Home and Family Protection
The families of 4,380 victims of house fires last year wish they’d known this… Over 4,000 people perished in house fires last year, often caused by one loose wire that turned a home into a deadly inferno. Their loss and regret is beyond description.
How do you prevent something you can’t see?
Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air announces breakthrough technology that allows the user to see and hear potential fire warnings before disaster strikes. We call it Safe & Sound because that’s how we want your family and home to always be.
- INFRARED THERMAL IMAGING – This technology peeks through walls and ceilings to pick up “warm wire” spots that are on their way toward meltdown or ignition. This is critical in early detection.
- ULTRASONIC ARC PROTECTION – This tool uses surveillance sonar to identify slight resonant vibrations set off by loose connections that can lead to sparks and fires.
- COMPLETE CIRCUIT ANALYZER – Verifies proper wiring while pinpointing loose connections and faulty grounds.
- SHOCK HAZARD CHECK – Tests ground resistance. A bad ground can lead to sparks, serious shocking or even death.
- RMS VOLTAGE TESTER – If voltage isn’t within a 5% range, your expensive electronics can be ruined.
- “POWERMISER” CURRENT DETECTION – Detects damaging surges that could result in costly repairs.
- CIRCUIT TRACER – Verifies proper labeling, wiring and breaker size at each circuit. Speeds detection, helps avoid overload.
- SURETEST RESISTANCE METER – Tests Voltage Drop to bad connections and undersized or damaged wire.
- ELECTRICAL PANEL SURVEY – We check your entire panel for loose connections, corrosion and proper grounding.
- ALUMINUM WIRING DETECTION – This wiring is so unsafe, but some homes still have this melt-prone wiring.
- SMOKE DETECTOR CHECK – We check and clean all available detectors for operation and install fresh batteries as needed.
- GFI RECEPTACLE CHECK – We check and test all “wet” or hazard locations with GFI plugs.
- OPEN JUNCTION/SPLICE CHECK – This vital service can help spot potential hot spots that can arc and start a fire.