How to Survive a Power Outage in the Winter Expect the best and prepare for…
Will Electrical Upgrades Add Value to My House?
The real estate market is still booming in the Montgomery and Auburn-Opelika areas and is expected to continue. Whether you want to increase the overall aesthetic of your home, increase its value or just want to make your home more functional, you have options depending on the amount of the investment you want to make. This includes electrical renovations. If you’re looking for an electrician near you in Montgomery or Auburn-Opelika, Alabama that can help, Call Dixie and It’s Done.
Which Electrical Renovations Are Best?
Making your home a better place in which to live while increasing its overall value, is easy with these top electrical upgrades:
- Install ceiling fans – Ceiling fans are a wonderful way to maximize your HVAC investment by circulating air, and they look nice, too. If you already have some ceiling fans, adding more to other living areas may further increase your utility cost savings.
- Replace switches and outlets – Replacing switches and outlets is an easy way to make your rooms look more appealing and can be done by most homeowners.
- Under cabinet lighting – Under cabinet lighting can illuminate darker areas of countertops and workspaces while also providing a glowing accent that looks nice when entertaining.
- Recessed lighting – Recessed lights look good and are functional. They can provide pinpoint lighting to specific areas or artwork without cumbersome electrical cords.
- Upgrade the electrical panel – If you live in an older home, especially if you’ve had issues with fuses blowing or breakers tripping, it’s time to consider upgrading the electrical panel. This not only solves the power issues but is also a matter of safety.
- Landscape lighting – Outdoor lighting is a great way to give your home more curb appeal. Whether lighting walks or pathways, up-lighting for trees and plantings or installing patio, deck or pool lighting, increasing the illuminated areas outside looks nice and will make you feel safer.
- Backup generator and surge protector – When the weather is severe, you can have peace of mind knowing your electrical devices, HVAC system and other major appliances are secure with a surge protector and a backup generator.
Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air has the skilled electricians to handle any indoor or outdoor electrical home improvement project. We provide ongoing training opportunities for our staff on the latest technology and trends. When homeowners call Dixie, they can have confidence that their electrician is licensed and experienced and will provide professional and honest workmanship, regardless if the job is large or small. Don’t delay. Call Dixie today, and let us partner with you to make your home into the sanctuary you desire.