This is the year you’re going reduce your spending and save more money. You know it is because it’s one of your New Year’s resolutions and you always keep your resolutions. Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air doesn’t know if the last part of that statement is a harmless little white lie, but if you need help keeping your money-saving resolution we can help.
Our HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services can make a big difference in your household budget. Here are a few ways we can help:
- Lighting upgrade:
- Dixie can help you make the move to LED lighting inside and outside your home. If you’re still using the old incandescent light bulbs, you are throwing away money. A 6-watt LED bulb puts out as much light as a 50-Watt traditional bulb. LED bulbs are getting cheaper and cheaper to buy so there’s really no reason to wait. Call Dixie, the leading electrical contractor in Montgomery, to learn more about doing a lighting upgrade in your home.
- New programmable thermostat:
- If Santa didn’t bring you one for Christmas, now is the time to get one from Dixie. Used properly, a programmable thermostat will save money. Perhaps as much as 10% a year on your heating and cooling bills. The technology is changing rapidly when it comes to systems control. Don’t get left behind. Dixie has a full selection from the leading manufacturers.
- Heating & air conditioning:
- Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Heating and cooling are almost always the largest energy user in the home. If your HVAC systems are more than 10 years old, an upgrade can save you money. New units can be as much as 30% more efficient. Yes, they will cost you money upfront, but the investment will pay for itself in the long run.
- Hot water heater:
- Have you thought about upgrading to a tankless hot water heater? The water isn’t heated until you use it. In other words, you are not wasting energy keeping an entire tank of water hot 24-7.
Every one of these steps can save you money over the course of the new year. You can also reduce your carbon footprint, making you a better steward of our natural resources. If everyone takes steps to reduce wasteful energy use, we will be leaving a better world for our children.
While it’s not directly related to your resolution, what sort of new gadgets did you receive as gifts? Another TV? Maybe an additional computer so you can jump-start your gaming hobby? How about that table saw and lathe you’ve been wanting for your woodworking shop? What do they all have in common? They need a stable and adequate electrical supply.
Dixie can handle that because we are much more than just an HVAC company in Montgomery, Alabama. Our licensed electricians can install a new breaker panel to increase your capacity or add new circuits to your woodworking shop to power that saw and lathe. And if you’ve reached the breaking point when it comes to charging all those electronic devices the kids have, ask us about installing new outlets that have USB charging ports built into them. It’s a great way to get rid of some of those plug-in chargers that are using up all your electrical outlets.
We wish you the best of luck with your money-saving resolution for the new year, but if you need some help making it happen, don’t hesitate to call Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air.