5 Ways to Improve Indoor Air Quality During the Colder Months Whether you know it…
As we prepare to spend more time inside with the cold of the winter approaching, there’s more to do than bringing out the flannel sheets, dusting off those winter decorations, and ordering holiday gifts. As homeowners, it’s critical to think about your home’s indoor air quality all year long–but especially during the cooler months.
Most of us know that winter brings along flu season, as well as the ever-present risks of COVID-19. Being proactive about maintaining the quality of air in your home can help keep your family safe and healthy throughout the changing seasons.
Why Does Indoor Air Quality Matter?
According to the US Department of Labor, poor indoor air quality can be medically linked to headaches, fatigue, trouble concentrating, as well as irritation of the throat, nose, and lungs.
Further, doctors have linked specific contaminants in the air to some severe medical conditions, such as asthma.
Aside from the obvious health factors related to poor air quality, our expert HVAC service professionals have identified several other aspects to consider when debating if it’s worth it to invest in your indoor air quality.
Indoor air quality can affect your home or business in many ways, including:
- Poor air quality can be a result of outdoor sources and structural degradation within a home or business.
- Testing your air quality for allergens can help alleviate allergen levels inside a home. Additionally, it can reduce symptoms related to asthma and allergy sufferers.
- If not controlled by adequate ventilation, external conditions can increase the potential for indoor moisture and mold growth.
- Poorly insulated homes and air leaks allow air pollutants into living and sleeping areas.
- The American Lung Association recommends that homes require appropriate ventilation with clean, fresh air, which can also reduce levels of indoor air pollutants.
Schedule an HVAC Tune-Up Today!
With the seasons shifting, this is the perfect time to discuss the importance of indoor air quality because it is vital to the health of you and your family. Cleaning your HVAC unit and changing air filters is a good start. However, there is no better way of stopping poor air quality than through prevention.
Superior air quality is achieved through scheduled air testing and regular air conditioning maintenance and inspection. Additionally, our team at Dixie can recommend whole-home air purifiers and other products and services that will ensure the highest air quality in your home. If you think your indoor air quality needs a check, contact one of our Dixie service professionals today!
Call Dixie, and it’s done!
If you’re wanting high-quality air to keep your family safe and healthy, our team is here for you! To schedule an electric, plumbing, or air service with Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air, call 334.232.0236 for Montgomery or 334.835.5161 for Auburn-Opelika. You can also schedule an appointment online, 24/7.