Are you considering doing some electrical work in your own home? Whether it's just swapping…
It was an extraordinarily wet summer in Central Alabama and now, as we move into fall, we’ve had to deal with the threat of more rain from tropical weather systems. Your friends at Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air want to warn you that all this moisture raises the risk of drainage problems.
Wastewater drains out of your home only because of gravity. Generally, there is no pump to force the water out. Currently the ground is so saturated, sewage and septic systems can’t drain as efficiently as they normally do.
In conditions like this, it’s doubly important to avoid clogged drains and blocked toilets. It’s vital to keep the drains and pipes in your house clean and flowing freely. We urge you to call Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air to unblock any drains and take care of any needed sewer cleaning. Here is just a short list of steps we can take:
- Drain cleaning:
- If you have any slow drains, it’s important to take care of the problem because a slow drain will eventually become a blocked drain. In some cases, it may be as simple as our plumbers removing hair & grease from a trap or using a plunger to remove the blockage.
- Hydro Jet Drain Cleaning:
- This is the most efficient way to clear stubborn blockages. Think of this as a plumber’s snake, but it is attached to a pump and has a high-pressure nozzle. It is inserted into the pipes and the water jets flush out any blockages and cleans the inside of the pipes at the same time.
- Video inspections:
- A camera can be used to find blockages in the sewer pipes outside your house. Depending on the severity, our plumbers may be able to fix the problem without digging up the line, but we can also do the excavation work if needed.
- Bio Smart™:
- After any blockages are removed, regular treatments with this biological drain cleaner will keep your system flowing freely. Bio Smart™ uses helpful bacteria and enzymes to “eat” grease and oil that could cause clogged drains.
It’s easy to forget about your home’s drainage system, but in conditions like we’re having this year, that could be disastrous. Drainage problems can quickly cause damaging backups. Don’t take the chance. Depend on the licensed plumbers from Dixie Electric, Plumbing & Air to keep your pipes flowing freely. Remember, call Dixie and it’s done.